Armourflex® Wood Floor Lacquer/Varnish - 5 Litre
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Natural Matt
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Natural Satin
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Natural Gloss
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Enriched Matt
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Enriched Satin
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Enriched Gloss
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Natural Gloss & 2 Roller Heads
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Natural Satin & 2 Roller Heads
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Natural Matt & 2 Roller Heads
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Enriched Gloss & 1 Roller Head
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Enriched Satin & 1 Roller Head
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Enriched Matt & 1 Roller Head
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Natural Gloss & 1 Roller Head
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Natural Satin & 1 Roller Head
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Natural Matt & 1 Roller Head
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Enriched Gloss & 3 Roller Heads
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Enriched Satin & 3 Roller Heads
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Enriched Matt & 3 Roller Heads
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Natural Gloss & 3 Roller Heads
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Natural Satin & 3 Roller Heads
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Natural Matt & 3 Roller Heads
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Enriched Gloss & 2 Roller Heads
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Enriched Satin & 2 Roller Heads
- Armourflex Floor Lacquer - Enriched Matt & 2 Roller Heads
Swipe to view other images
Armourflex® Wood Floor Lacquer/Varnish - 5 Litre
Price: £78.75 inc. VAT (price includes delivery and free roller set with every order-worth £14.99)
Armourflex® Wood Floor Lacquer is a professional high performance coating utilising the latest technology. Armourflex® reacts with oxygen to create internal cross-links for a strong coating without the need for mixing two pack systems. To further boost the technology ceramic particles have been added to it’s formula providing greater strength & protection. Available in a natural tone with minimal wood colour change or an enriched tone which emphasises the grain of the wood.
- High Performance Cross-Linking Resins
- Natural & Enriched Finishes
- Stain & Scratch Resistant
- Innovative Ceramic Particles
- Manufactured in the UK
SIZE: 5 Litre
FREE Roller Set with every order (worth £14.99): Includes Tray, Roller and 2x Velour Roller Heads.
Armourflex provides a truly natural finish and is available in the finishes below.
Please note: Wood tone and grain varies tremendously, even across a single plank. Armourflex® Floor Lacquer is a clear coating and the final tone and finish will depend greatly on the natural colours and grain in the wood. Always test an inconspicuous area before starting any project to check product suitability, compatibility and to make sure you are happy with the finish. The user is responsible for ensuring the product is suitable for the purpose, wood type and conditions before use and for preparing the floor to ensure a successful application. Always carry out a test patch.
Innovative Ceramic Particles (diagram)
The latest technology in self cross linking resins coupled with ceramic particles (shown in gold) provide additional strength and protection.
Due to the Coronavirus and the current demand for products, there may be a delay compared with our normal levels of service. Please allow up to 7-10 days. We aim to always respond to any queries in a timely manner but with limited staff and to ensure all safety measures are kept we may take slightly longer to respond. We appreciate your patience. The promotion is online-only, please do not contact us by telephone. All enquiries can be made via email at: email@example.com
1. For freshly laid floors, allow the wood to acclimatise in the room for several days before treating.
2. Previously coated, waxed, polished or oiled floors must be fully sanded back to bare wood using appropriate floor sanding equipment before using Armourflex®. When using Armourflex® on previously overcoated wood that has not been sanded back properly, we cannot guarantee adhesion.
3. Resinous deposits should be removed with a scraper and the surface degreased, by wiping with a clean, lint-free cloth, dampened with methylated spirits. Change the face of the cloth frequently. Allow solvent to fully evaporate before proceeding.
4. Any surface defects or open joints should be repaired using a suitable wood filler for the floor. Those which require sanding dust to be mixed in will achieve the closest colour match. To achieve a uniformly flat surface, some wood fillers are suitable to apply in a thin layer across the entire floor, then sanded back to reveal a smooth surface below. Test the colour of the wood filler with the lacquer on a scrap piece of wood before using.
5. Remove any sanding dust with a vacuum or tack cloth. For an optimum finish, wipe with a soft cloth, lightly dampened to raise the grain. Allow the floor to dry before final sanding and vacuum.
6. If required, stain the floor using a water-based wood dye.
Shake well and allow any air bubbles to settle. The product must be fully mixed to ensure a uniform finish. Supplied ready to use, do not thin. Care should be taken when pouring to make sure cured bits of lacquer from around the neck do not contaminate the body of the liquid.
Coverage: 5 litres will cover approximately 20-30m2 of bare wood with 3 coats, depending on the porosity and smoothness of the wood. (First coat approx. 8-12m2/L, subsequent coats approx. 15-20m2/L).
Our recommendation to achieve the best finish is to use the Armourflex® finest lambs wool velour roller with a 4mm pile. Alternatively, a roller based on the same/similar specification. A pad or good quality brush may also be used but avoid cheaper brushes which shed bristles and lack flexibility. If a lamb’s wool applicator is used, vacuum or dab with masking tape first to remove any loose fibers. Start at the edge of the furthest corner of the room from the entrance. The product can be poured directly onto the floor or used in a tray/container. Ensure that the entire area is evenly covered. If necessary, use a small brush to apply around edges or corners.
1. Work swiftly and smoothly and maintain a wet edge to avoid overlap marks. The wood will absorb more lacquer on the first coat. Don’t put pressure on the roller/pad and keep the yolk of the roller (the side metal frame) pointing in the direction you are working towards. This avoids leaving edge tracks. For very large & commercial areas, a number of people can apply at the same time to keep a wet edge. When overlapping, enter the previous section by around 1/4 of a roller length by gently placing the roller rather than pushing it through the open edge. This avoids leaving a line of lacquer from the front edge of the roller/pad. Avoid over-working the lacquer as this will cause marks and result in an uneven finish.
2. Once the coating has dried, apply the next coat as soon as possible. Each coat will take approximately 2 hours to dry. If necessary, carefully de-nib any raised grain between coats by lightly sanding with 240 grit or finer, in the direction of the grain. Remove any sanding dust with a vacuum cleaner before applying the next layer of lacquer but avoid dragging the wheels of the vacuum cleaner across the surface. The floor will take light foot traffic approximately 16 hours after the final application. For heavier use, such as loading with heavy objects, floor coverings or allowing pet access, allow 1 week for the lacquer to fully cure. Avoid wetting the floor before 1 week has passed, including damp mopping. Pets nails/claws should also be kept short, particularly large dogs.