- Regular 5* star ratings as witnessed across a number of online independent distributor websites.
A blend of oils and resin that provide an attractive lustre finish to all woods. Ideal for Scandinavian furnishings, doors, panelling, wood turning and more! Can also act as an excellent treatment for kitchen surfaces and for use on non-green oak timbers due to its water-repellency. Predominately for internal use; can be used externally but recommended only in more sheltered locations. Food/Toy safe when dry, certified by EN 1186:2002 & EN71:3.
- Application: Brush or lint-free cloth
- Coverage: 1 litre to 6-10 sq metres
Sizes: 250 ml, 500 ml, 1 Litre, 2.5 Litre, 5 Litre, 25 Litre
- Ensure surfaces to be treated are uncoated, dry and clean - free from wax / dirt.
- Oily woods require wiping with white spirit before application. Apply carefully with a lint-free cloth or brush and avoid excess material laying on the top.
- Leave for 10–15 minutes then remove any remaining excess with a clean lint-free cloth. Apply a minimum of 2 coats internally on new wood allowing 6–10 hours between coats.
- Previously oiled wood can be partially sealed, especially if a slight gloss is evident, that prevents any fresh application of oil to penetrate. To prepare the wood surface use a very fine stainless steel wool lightly rubbing in he direction of the grain and wipe with white spirit to remove residues prior to reapplication of oil.
- For exterior use apply a minimum of 3 coats ensuring any end grain wood is very thoroughly treated. Exterior wood will require regular re-oiling.
- Allow minimum 24 hours to fully dry during which time protect from water. Ideally apply between 10-25 Celsius, do not apply when ambient or surface temperature below 5 Celsius.
- Coverage 6–10 square metres per litre depending upon wood porosity.
- Clean brushes whilst wet with Barrettine white spirit.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) such as chemical resistant gloves, overalls and eye/face protection to protect against splashes. If in doubt speak, to your PPE supplier and show them this label/product, or call us for further advice.
- Shake well before use.
- Carry out a small test patch first to determine an acceptable finish on an off-cut or unseen area.
Premier Danish Oil provides an attractive lustre finish with excellent water repellency.