Raw Linseed Oil
- 5* star ratings as witnessed across a number of online independent distributor websites.
Raw Linseed Oil
A traditional completely natural oil from the extract of flaxseed that penetrates unsealed wood leaving a natural, water-resistant finish with a slightly enhanced colour that darkens slightly with age. For use on oak beams, bean canes, cricket bats, and many woodcraft applications and can beused as a lubricant in French Polishing (not suitable for furniture or flooring). Food/Toy safe when dry, certified by EN 1186:2002 & EN71:3.
- Application: Brush or lint-free cloth
- Coverage: 1 litre to 8-10 sq metres
Not recommended for furniture and flooring.
Sizes: 250 ml, 500 ml, 2 Litre, 5 Litre, 25 Litre
Preparation and method of application are essential for great results:
- Apply a minimum of 3 coats allowing 12–24 hours between coats. Leave the final coat to absorb / dry for a few days before use.
- For best results on new woods, dilute the first two coats with 30% Barrettine Turps/White Spirit.
- Can also be used to soften putty and as a lubricant for French Polishing.
- Mainly used for internal purposes but if used outside, we recommend a prior application of wood preservative treatment that must be allowed to dry before applying Raw Linseed Oil. Regular retreatment will be required.
- Clean equipment with Barrettine White Spirit.
- Precaution: cloths used for oiling may spontaneously combust. Immediately after use, soak them in soapy water then lay them flat outside on a non-combustible surface to dry.