- Teak Oil
An oil for the treatment and enhancement of untreated wood including hardwood. Teak Oil penetrates unsealed wood leaving a natural, water resistant finish ideal for outdoor garden furniture and traditional matt finish indoor furniture. Regular use will nourish, revive and feed wood and reduce the weathered appearance of wood giving a satin finish (not suitable for Oak, furniture or flooring).
Available as an RTU spray or liquid for brush/lint free cloth application.
Use Barrettine Garden Furniture Cleaner first to remove lichen, algae, moss and similar detritus for best results where necessary
Apply 2- 3 thin coats of Teak Oil leaving 12-24 hours between each coat and a minimum of 1 day after the final coat before using treated item
Can be used inside and outside. For outside use, we recommend a prior application of wood preservative treatment that must be allowed to dry before applying Teak Oil. Very regular retreatment will be required if used outside
- Drying Time: 24 - 48 Hours
- Coverage: 1 litre to 8-10 sq metres
- Application: Brush/lint free cloth
6 x 250 ml, 12 x 500 ml, 6 x 1 Litre, 6 x 2 Litres (Trade), 4 x 5 Litres, 1 x 25 Litres
Preparation and method of application are essential for great results:
- Shake oil well before use. Keep container upright at all times
- Ensure wood to be treated is dry, free from dirt and repellant coatings such as wax, paint and varnish (remove and sand down as required).
- Wipe oily woods with White Spirit before application
- Apply by brush or lint free cloth – after 10-15 minutes, remove excess oil with a lint free cloth
- Clean equipment with Barrettine White Spirit
- Precaution: cloths used for oiling may spontaneously combust. Immediately after use, soak them in soapy water then lay them flat outside on a non-combustible surface to dry